Position Details: Environment Compliance Engineer
- The job holder is responsible for the following; Participating in on-going studies, coordinating field teams engaged in field data collection, engaging authorities in management of existing permits.
- Developing and issuing Environmental and Social Management plans for all activities.
- Coordinate with other departments during preparation of compliance strategies to identify permits which may be required and ensure timely acquisition.
- Ensure timely delivery of environmental studies on scope and budget. Collect and manage data for reporting purposes and prepare and present summary materials for stakeholder consultation meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Engineering or in related discipline
- Minimum -3-5 years experience in an environment team in an operational setting preferably Oil &Gas
- Proven experience in handling Environment Social Impact Assessment
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Uganda’s environment legislation and international best practices and standards e.g. IFC, IPIECA
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Proficient in Ms Office.
Deadline Thursday 22nd June 2017