Position / Designation : Boiler Operator
Grade : VI
Department : Engineering
Reporting Line Manager : Production Supervisor
Location : Eldoret, Kenya
Educational Qualification : Certified Boiler Operator
Work Experience : 3 Years as Boiler Attendant or Boiler Operator
· Operate and maintain steam generating equipment in accordance with regulatory legislation.
· Leadership ability, positive attitude, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Able to maintain legible and accurate records/paperwork as required.
· A working knowledge of safety guidelines and problem solving abilities
· Ensure proper operation of boiler, supply of steam to process plant and running, repairing and maintaining other boilers systems used in the heating and cooling of plant.
· Ensure standard operating procedures for boiler startup and boiler shutdown are dully followed and adhered to.
· Ensure proper operation of boiler and supply of steam to process plant.
· Operation and Maintenance of Boiler.
· Conduct troubleshoot & repair malfunction of Boiler.
· Responsible for all maintenance, regulatory compliance and any other pertinent operations requirements for the boiler systems.
· Ensure boiler is in good safe working condition at all times.
· Ensure Shift logbook is dully filled and signed off at end of shift and inspected and signed by boiler supervisor.
· Continuous check of boiler operations to ensure smooth and balanced running of boiler parameters such as furnace draft, all air preheating systems, sight glass.
· Ensure to carryout boiler blow downs as stipulated in boiler operating manual/SOP.
· Immediately report faulty electrical/mechanical/instrumentation systems to relevant personnel.
· Follow up with boiler supervisor for raising of work orders for boiler maintenance.
· Keep track of boiler steam production and boiler fuel utilization.
· The duties can be changed or added at the discretion of the management.
· Keep good reporting channel, and avoid over communication.
· Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
Key Performance Area
· Up-to-date boiler log sheets daily reports.
· 100% feed water drum level maintained at safe level as per SOP at all times.
· Ensure timely water softening plant regeneration as per SOP.