Position / Designation : Electrical Technician
Grade : VI
Department : Engineering
Reporting Line Manager : Electrical Supervisor
Location : Eldoret, Kenya
Educational Qualification : Min. Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Work Experience : Over 3 Years
· Ability to install, maintain and repair electrical systems.
· Technical understanding, troubleshooting and safety management.
· Provides operational power by maintaining electrical systems, regular test check and modifies experimental and/or operational electrical control equipment, circuitry and components according to engineering specifications in industrial plants;
· Diagnoses causes of malfunctions or failures, recommends modification or replacement of failed equipment and performs preventive/corrective maintenance.
· Ensure standard operating procedures are dully adhered to at all operations.
· Ensure to tag all machines under maintenance and un-tag them for operation.
· Timely fault diagnosis to minimize on critical down time.
· Read, interpret and actualize electrical diagram on MCCs.
· Control circuit installations for AC voltages up to 415Vac.
· Motor installations, trial and testing in accordance with stipulated operating standards
· Lighting installations indoors and outdoors and servicing of the same
· Data collection on electrical equipment for the purpose of condition monitoring,
· Performing preventive maintenance on electrical equipment including but not limited to; motors, lighting, generators, workshop equipment and hand operated equipment.
· Daily report writing and hand over to next shift.
· Maintains supplies inventory by checking electrical material stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for electrical material;
· Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Key Performance Areas:
· 30 min MTTR and recording data for MTBF detection.
· 100% plant availability electrically.
· 95% availability of electrical test tools.
· Zero accidents in section/department.
· 100% electrical machine maintenance as per SOP.