Position / Designation : Effluent Treatment Plant Operator
Grade : VI
Department : Quality Control
Reporting Line Manager : Shift Chemist
Location : Eldoret, Kenya
Educational Qualification : Min Certificate in Science Lab Technology/Diploma in Analytical Chemistry is added advantage
Work Experience : Over 5 Years’ experience in busy chemical/process facility.
· Knowledge in chemicals.
· Knowledge in analytical equipment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Run operations of the effluent treatment plant to meet minimum/maximum requirements as per NEMA regulations.
· Ensure to follow standard operating procedures during all times while on duty.
· Monitor all parameters pertaining to waste water (Ph., TDS etc.) and effluent disposal to conform to NEMA, Local Government and County Government standards.
· Ensure proper dosing schedules for the ETP Plant is adhered to in order to conform to NEMA standards of effluent.
· Make timely, accurate and cost effective decisions pertaining to all matters concerning the ETP.
· Make inventory of all ETP chemicals and be in charge of ETP stores.
Key Performance Areas:
· 100% compliance of effluent to NEMA standards.
· 100% filtration and other ETP equipment maintenance.
· 100% ETP discharge sample storage.
· Accurate Effluent data.