Position / Designation : Clearing and Fowarding Clerk
Grade : IV
Department : Administration
Reporting Line Manager : Factory Manager
Location : Nairobi, Kenya(Flexible to move when need arises)
Educational Qualification : Any Business or Management degree
Work Experience : Over 5 Years’ experience in similar capacity with a preference towards ISO tank logistics.
· Exposure to liaising with shipping lines.
· Exposure to liaising with clearing & forwarding agents.
· Proven track record in leadership and management of fast moving transport operations (staff and fleet )
· Agro based materials experience would be highly beneficial;
· Strong knowledge of Kenya’s transport legislation;
· Budget management experience.
· Good network within transport companies.
· Flexible approach in running a transport team.
· Ensures safe and secure transport of goods (raw material & finish goods) to their destinations on time in cost-effective manner.
· Ensure safe and secure transport of imported goods into Kenya on time in a cost-effective manner.
· Being the first point of contact for transport & logistic matter with complete ownership & accountability; Day to day customer / supplier relationship management
· Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
· Administer all transportation personnel & bring out the best through training program;
· Ensure fleet of vehicles are adequately maintained and serviced at all time;
· Ensure all members in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
· Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
· Oversee warehouse, inventory control, material handling and supplier / customer service.
· Maintain accurate records & logs;
· Ensure vehicles are operated in a safe & effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life through pre-installed tracking device;
· Keep assigned vehicles free from damage, theft, misuse, pilferage, vandalism, abnormal wear / tear and in acceptable condition at all time;
· Resolve internal & external customers complain courteously and efficiently;
· Appraising transportation staff performance and take disciplinary action where require;
· Adhere to company motor vehicle operational policy & traffic law compliance;
· Report safety, security and driving incident on the road to the office administration as per insurance guidelines;
· Optimize resources with agreed cost budget;
· Maintain our brand image through professional behavior, neat & tidy uniform and vehicle condition; Recommend capital expenditure for acquisition of new equipment / vehicles in order to increase efficiency & service level;
Key Performance Area:
· Vehicles are operational at all time;
· Maintain good rapport with customer and supplier
· Compliance to traffic law;
· Staff training.