Position Title: Sales Manager – B2B (Fuels and Lubricants)
Reports to: Commercial Manager-Kenya
Skill Pool: B2B
Direct reports: 8 employees
Job Location: Nairobi
• The Sales Manager leads the B2B Sales team in the highly competitive and unregulated market in Kenya.
• Role objective is to maintain, develop and grow business, deliver the expected volume, margin, cost, and debt results, while at the same time ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction, and motivation of the sales team.
Sales / Business/ Customer
• Deliver both financial (margin/cost/Ebitda) and non-financial. (volume/debt/business growth) targets through disciplined and effective implementation of functional business plans.
• Be team lead for national / key accounts and for significant tenders in the various business lines (fuel, aviation etc.).
• Comply with standard offer book, while managing credit in line with the company credit policy and manual of authorities.
• Interface with supply and finance to provide accurate business forecasts and performance review.
• Lead the annual business planning process for B2B Fuel and Lubricants segments.
• Support LPG team to implement effective Route-to-Market channel management for packed gas in Western Kenya in order to grow Afrigas penetration and market share.
• Drive the implementation of earmarked marketing propositions & promotions, with support from Marketing Team.
• Consolidate Market Analysis and develop framework for appropriate responses to retain / grown Company business. Identify business opportunities through market intelligence / participation in relevant industry and customer events, and from other contacts.
• Manage B2B Sales team’s performance, career and talent development, including retention.
• Ensure that all available sales tools and processes are effectively used and reviewed.
• Lead team competency training and development, including ongoing coaching.
HSSE / Technical
• Manage the business in compliance with the Company HSSE requirements, policies and guidelines.
• Conduct and support technical training for customers and other stakeholders.
• Deliver assigned HSSE plan items, including: site audits, toolbox and other HSSE meeting participation, PI identification and reporting, TnT engagement, Defensive Driving Compliance, Fitness to Drive, Company safety rules / driving standards etc.
• Drive recovery of the Aviation business which has been undergoing significant challenges following our exit of KQ and other International Airline business.
• B2B business is mostly credit business and therefor effective debt management is key.
• Managing the aggressive competition from both major and smaller industry players.
• Deliver results through the diverse sales team located across the country.
Job Knowledge Skills & Experiences:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Sales, Marketing, Engineering) with at least 7 years work experience in Sales.
• Previous hands-on experience in selling & negotiation, marketing strategy, customer relationship management, and managing a team is necessary.
• Proven problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Functional Competence Level
• Selling and Negotiation Mastery
• Customer Relationship Management Skill
• Market Awareness Skill
• Customer Value Proposition Skill
• Distributor / Channel Management Skill
• Leadership Competence Level
• Maximizes Business Potential Skill
• Lead Self and Others Skill
• Deliver Results Skill