Position Details: Senior Network Planning and Optimization Engineer
JOB LOCATION: NIGERIA
JOB FUNCTION: 2G/3G/LTE/Wimax Engineer
GENERIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Plan, support and execute network design for customers for current and emerging technologies.
- Perform solution monitoring, Network data collection, generation of daily / weekly report, and a first level of analysis with problems identification in a domain of the customer Solution.
- Perform optimization in terms of capacity, architecture, performance, analyses metrics on current capacity and usage.
- Recommend parameters tuning & design evolutions.
- End to End Radio Optimization for 2G/3G/LTE/Wimax; competence in H//; Ericsson; ZTE Tools, Competence in KPI Counters and Root Cause analysis and Problem solving.
- Plan and design network to meet customer’s requirements.
- Derive from the network architecture the operational network design taking into account planning aspects, operational constraints, optimization of existing network and quality expectation from end user point of view.
- Define the criteria to assess network performance from end-user / service perspective & monitor those criteria.
- Identify and anticipate network performance issues. Provide recommendations for improvement.
- Optimize the capacity of the network to meet traffic increase and customer requirements.
- Ensure that design & optimization guaranty the capability for the network to provide end-user new services.
- Capture and understand customer’s needs on items impacting design in order to provide recommendations.
- Ensure that the Customer’s deliverables & KPIs included in the contract are followed-up and met. Identify and report risks associated.
- Perform network design audit of submitted designs by 3rd party and submit for customer approval.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Design KPI’s accepted by the customer
- Optimization KPIs accepted by the Customer
- Activity performed on-time.
Skills, Knowledge and Processes & Tools:
- Break boundaries and barriers.
- Mobilize teams and grow potential.
- Project a winning mindset.
- Analytical skills
- Customer focus
- Modeling & planning
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Business Acumen
- Cost Management
- Change Management
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Influencing skills
- Learn continuously
- Negotiating skills
- Networking skills
- People Management
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Verbal communication
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Broad MultiVendor Product knowledge
- Experience in telecom technical domains
- Ability to document information
Processes & Tools:
- Knowledge of NPO processes
- Knowledge of NPO tools