Our client a private model health care facility started in 1983 with over 30 years of experience in provision of medical services to individuals, families and corporate organizations/institutions, is currently seeking for a very talented, experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff for the position of Human Resource and Administration Manager to boost the team.
Reports to: Director Strategy and Business Development.
Job Role: To develop, monitor, implement and review systems, policies, processes, procedures and practices in the Human Resource and Administration department in line with the hospital’s HR policies and procedures, Administrative guidelines, vision, mission, and strategic objectives.
Contract duration: Two year contract with a likelihood of renewal upon performance.
Key Result Areas;
1. Initiate, develop, review, update and monitor the implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures of the hospital in line with the strategic plan and the Employment Act of Uganda.
2. Review and monitor the development and implementation of performance management systems, policies and procedures aligned with the hospital's mission and HR system and cascaded to the individual level strategy in line with the HR manual.
3. Initiate, develop, and monitor the Human Resources planning, recruitment and selection, retention strategy and procedure in line with the hospital's mission.
4. Review and monitor the development and implementation of the hospital's talent management and development strategy in line with the HR manual.
5. Initiate, develop, and monitor the implement of employee relations, health and safety and welfare systems in line with the hospital’s HR manual.
6. Maintain and update accessible Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) for improved decision making, in line with the organization’s objectives.
7. Develop and monitor the implementation of the HR departmental plan and budget in line with organizational mission and financial guidelines.
8. Develop, appraise, support and maintain a competent & motivated “HR departmental team” through giving constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring in line with the Human Resources manual.
9. Review and monitor the implementation of a system, strategies and procedures that align the HR department to line management in line with the business strategic objectives and HR account holding principles.
10. Initiate, facilitate and implement change management initiatives in line with the hospital's strategic plan.
11. Direct and oversee all Administration related activities including security, preventative and corrective maintenance, housekeeping, estates management, hospital supplies and transportation.
Qualifications and Job Specifications:
The successful candidate will have:
1). Masters Degree in Business Administration / Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management / Industrial and Organizational Psychology / Business Administration.
2). 8 years and above working experience in a reputable organization.
3). Three years’ experience in an Administrative and Strategic planning in a high profile institution.
4). The person should have excellent team and communication skills (both oral and written), and with strong management and analytical, coordination / networking skills.
5). Must be dynamic, persuasive and convincing, self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
6). Strong Leadership, IT and computer proficiency skills.
7). Must have high levels of ethics and integrity with the ability to work under tight deadlines and able to prepare high quality reports/ documents.