Organization: Kaz ‘O’zah
Location: Bujumbura, Burundi
Duration: Full time 1 year contract (extension possible)
Application Deadline date: 25 December 2017
Category: Finance Management
Kaz’O’zah Keza is a not for profit social enterprise that provides skills development and job creation in the artisanal sector to underserved communities in Burundi and Uganda. We take a holistic approach to skills training, equipping future artisans with technical skills in areas such as tailoring, jewelry making, weaving and sculpting as well as equipping them with life skills, business and entrepreneurial skills. Our impact model allows our artisan trainees to learn invaluable business acumen through savings and loans cooperatives that support them in starting their own businesses. Our vision is to serve underserved communities to reach self-reliance, create jobs and become change agents in their communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The person will have proven success in a marketing-driven nonprofit, consumer products, or services organization, someone who has demonstrated ability in driving an organization toward financial health. The CFO will be expected to provide strategic, visionary, forward-thinking leadership, lead through influence, build bridges throughout the international partnership, connect strategy with operations, and be a key driver of the change that is happening at Kaz’O’zah. Oversee all financial aspects of business and drive the company’s financial strategy and planning and; manage the finance department. This person will need a strong ability to communicate the mission and ethos of the organization, motivate and inspire staff, and cast a compelling vision for Kaz’O’zah work.
The goal is to guide the company towards profitability and long-term success.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives;
· Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality and; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change;
· Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; preparing financial projections for grants proposals, expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement;
· Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans;
· Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances;
· Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements;
· Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
· Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Financial accounting and reporting
· Develops and maintains timely and accurate financial statements and reports;
· Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with financial and accounting policies and procedures,
· Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including organization status, taxes, employee payment and benefits;
· Supervises of annual audits and prepares all supporting documents;
· Documents and maintains complete and accurate supporting information for all large financial transactions
· Develops and maintains financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, payroll, and petty cash;
· Reviews monthly results and implements monthly variance reporting;
· Manages the cash flow and prepares cash flow forecasts and budgets in accordance with re-investment and long-term plans;
· Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information are secure and stored in compliance with current legislation;
· Manages the acquisition of capital assets and ensures that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate;
· Prepares quarterly and annual reports for the organization’s financial progress;
Payroll preparation and administration
· Oversees all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner;
· Negotiates and manages the employee insurance and benefits plans.
· Establishes guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepares the annual budget in consultation with the Executive Director and Director of Program Development;
· Assists Director of Program Development with the preparation of budgets for funding applications.
Project management accounting
· Maintains financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports;
· Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders and investors
· Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects;
· Based on analysis of finances, helps determine product pricings and monitors sales records.
· Evaluates the need for new technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements;
· Advises on appropriate technology that meets the organization's information requirements and financial resources,
· Monitors risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organization risks are minimized;
· Advises the organization's leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for the organization;
· Maximizes income where possible and appropriate;
· Negotiate with the bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate.
· Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
· Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupation health and safety, etc.) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant.
· Attend and participate in Staff Meetings
· Perform other relevant tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Advanced degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or a related field and ACCA or CA would be an advantage
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position, 2 of which should be in leadership role
The Finance Director will report directly to the Executive Director.
WHAT WE OFFER
Applications should be sent to both firstname.lastname@example.org and NFT consult website until end of day 25th December. Only selected candidates will be contacted.