Position Details: Learning, Development & Talent Manager
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the person will be required to understand the Learning and Development requirements of the Bank, its various products, business processes, develop effective working relationships with the key stakeholders by developing, coordinating, delivering and evaluating learning interventions across a range of business areas.
- Design and implement the Bank’s staff development policy and ensure that the Bank’s learning and Development Programme is implemented and evaluated according to plan such that there is continuous improvement in standards of performance.
- Identify cross functional and cross category staff training and learning and development needs throughout the Bank.
- Develop and implement the training strategy. Manage the development and execution of
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA), training calendar and training delivery.
- Develop Learning, Development and Talent Plans and budgets in line with the TNA.
- Develop, review and maintain training curriculum, content, material documents, manuals, aids, tools and media.
- Act as a consultant and or internal advisor to internal customers on Learning and development issues.
- Manage the business Succession Planning framework.
- Provide various communication and implementation guidelines to enable the learning organization and culture across the business
- Create and define necessary competencies and skill requirements for the different job profiles.
- Manage the Mentoring and Coaching for Performance Program and coordinate the
- Graduate Trainee Scheme.
- Oversee the implementation of the business HR change management initiatives that pertain to staff development.
The following personal qualifications and attributes will be pertinent for the delivery of this
- A good first degree preferably in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Social
- Post graduate in Human Resources is an added advantage
- At-least 3 to 5 years’ experience in the field of Training and development in a reputable organization
- At-least 2 years’ experience in consulting, job analysis, design and/or evaluation
- Experience in Performance Management
- Experience in Talent and Succession Management programs
- Strong Leadership skills
Key competencies and attributes
- Good appreciation of alignment of learning interventions to business strategy.
- Strong business acumen-Understanding business implications of decisions
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and effectively
- Excellent planning, organization, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-driven and flexible to long working hours
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to work with teams to deliver results