Job Title: Bakery Shift Supervisor
Reports To: Head Baker
Supervises: Production Team
To ensure efficient production and presentation of quality products while minimizing costs and meeting production targets.
· To have a complete understanding of our client’s formula house rules relating to, Quality, Hygiene, Environment, Health and Safety.
· Assist in the developing and implementing our client’s policies and procedures relating to work schedules, performance management etc.
· Ensure strict adherence to the recipes and appropriate processes while making the various products as per our client’s standards
· To produce & bake presentable, high quality products according to our client’s specification.
· Ensure that the current production planning schedule is followed for all products and that they are always baked on time for quick, efficient and quality service.
· Liaison with the staff, ensure that the highest hygiene standards are maintained in the work area.
· To ensure minimal wastage in production and that all costs are strictly controlled (less than 1% of revenue of raw material loss).
· Ensure “Top up” procedure is implemented and timely dispatch is done to the outlet
· To be proactive, creative and innovative by generating ideas on product development, cost saving, or any other improvements to the management.
· Train new staffs as well as existing staff member in the preparation and baking the various products as per our client’s concept.
· Ensure that the dispatch process which includes assembling and documentation is done error free and on time.
· Reporting: Ensure that a proper handover report is sent through email in your respective shift.
· Practice teamwork and work closely with other supporting departments e.g. sales, stores, finance towards achievement of company goals.
· Ensure that the equipment and machines are maintained in a sound serviceable condition at all times and that no malfunctioning occurs due to negligence. This includes routine daily physical examination as necessary as well as liaising with the management to ensure that they are serviced as scheduled when due. Be keen and report to management any breakdowns.
· Have knowledge of the safety rules and cleaning procedures of equipment used in the bakery to avoid damaging them or causing injuries.
· Give appropriate feed back to the Head Baker and management.
· Performance Management: will be closely monitored by the management for future assignments, appraisals, reports or bonuses
· Coach & motivate the bakery team
· Ensure to fully utilize the inhouse management system (CMS) and train team in on the same.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time.
· Professional Qualification in food production and baking will be an added advantage
· High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
· Ability to follow directions and established procedures
· Ability to direct the work of others
· Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
· Strong knowledge of general bakery practices and procedures
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office, and operations related applications
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
· Proven Leadership Skills
· Good Baker
· Quality Conscious
· Organizational Skills
· Good Communicator