Position Title -IT Onsite Service Engineer
Reports to IT Onsite Services Lead
Skill pool-IT Service Delivery and Support
The IT Onsite Services Engineer provides the coordination of appropriate and timely responses, including escalation to relevant support teams for resolution, monitoring of progress and keeping users apprised of progress while responding to all user calls in a customer-focused and timely manner and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
No direct budget responsibility but position has to be aware of run-and-maintain cost tracking supported by time writing.
Shift work may be required and where necessary for priority 1&2 incidents.
Local business hours support for all other priorities, which may involve on-call mobile rotation for reactive support.
Scope of applications: Application portfolio covering ERP (UMOJA and Sun), and class of business specific non-ERP applications.
Number of users supported: 390 client business user community.
• Receives and logs requests for support from users and/or other service delivery staff.
• Maintains high level customer/user satisfaction by being the single point of contact for all local IT matters including clarifying customer needs and ensuring they are met. Be the on-site service coordinator for local escalations.
• Monitors progress of requests for support/escalations/incidents and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
• Within his/her own area of competence, investigates problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate remedial actions to take, or escalating requests to other Support & Delivery staff or external service suppliers. Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with the required standards, methods and procedures.
• In accordance with established procedures, monitors application systems for which responsible by regular scrutiny of reports from the applications software, systems software or service delivery staff. Notes problems and identifies performance trends. Referring to more senior colleagues where necessary, takes corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising and contributing to service improvement activities.
• Liaises with applications development or support staff or software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfill user requirements.
• Following agreed procedures, receives and handles requests for information, and provides advice to users on systems, products and services that are available to them.
• Provides an effective interface between users and service providers, including external commercial suppliers where applicable. This interface includes documenting problems, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
• Assists users in making more effective use of desk-top systems, products and services. Makes initial diagnosis of any problems and advises known solutions where applicable.
• Follows standard procedures to update incident log, documenting necessary details in a central repository, progress checking, and ensuring that diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
• Participate in “transition to support” activities, including application training, in order to update skills and knowledge to support new applications.
• Provide end-user training for application(s) upon specific requests from the Businesses.
• Acting as contact point for any visiting Third Party Vendor e.g. OBS and arranging the HSSE induction according to VIVO ENERGY HSSE policy and assuring all 3rd Party IT service providers are HSSE certified.
• Arranging and managing repairs at the site which includes preventative maintenance on all computer room equipment. Participate in refresh programmes as directed by Infrastructure Management e.g. Switches, UPS, Air-conditioners etc.
• Arranging on-site work space, phone lines, etc. for 3rd party break/fix service provider(s).
• Managing store room for surplus stock including reporting on stock levels to business focal points and agreeing with the business focal points the equipment types that need to be kept in stock.
• The skills and knowledge have to be kept up-to-date in line with the changing Vivo Energy business application portfolio, especially when strategic Vivo applications such as the ERP and connected applications upgrade(s) are rolled out.
• Maintain appropriate relationships with key stakeholders whilst still being able to constructively challenge.
• Being able to deliver against commitments through virtual teams and influencing as opposed to direct control.
• Professionalism: Team discipline and individual professionalism is essential for working in a virtual team. Be an excellent team worker.
• Customer Focus: Represent the customer case; understand the business of the customer and deliver consistent and effective support.
• People: Be able to work smoothly with a large spectrum of stakeholders, skills and cultures.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
End-user support experience:
• At least 3 years’ experience working in an end-user support / IT help desk environment
• Solid base knowledge of support processes and ITIL
• Experience with call-logging systems and knowledge management tools
• Good customer-facing, interpersonal and communications (oral and written) skills
• A more senior candidate will have specialized knowledge of our support processes and be certified in one of the technology areas and be able to demonstrate advanced problem solving skills within the technology areas.
• Business & application knowledge:
• Understanding of our client’s business operations and business processes Knowledge of overall IT application landscape and underlying IT infrastructure:
o Hardware – HP DL380 G9, Various Cisco Networking equipment
o HP/Lenovo Desktops and Laptops
o Operating Systems – OS/400, VMWARE, Windows Server R2, Solarwinds, MS SQL Database
o Security – VEEAM, Trend Micro, WSUS, and IRM Security Compliance
o Telecommunications – Cisco Switches and Routers, Audiocodes (UC) Lync
o Applications – Ms-Office Suite 2013, Client Access, Lync , Sharepoint
• UMOJA knowledge (JD Edwards) or specific knowledge in one or more Vivo Energy non-ERP business applications
• Knowledge in class-of-business application integration and middleware knowledge in application security and data architecture
• Strong problem analysis and trouble-shooting skills
• Able to assess & handle critical situations, and co-ordinate with many team players to restore normal IT service
• Good time management skills
• Experience in global or virtual team working
• Able to work in a cross-functional, multi-application, multi-service providers environment
• A more senior candidate will be able to direct and coach others on the team as we strive for excellence.
Customer Focus & Interpersonal Skills Skill
Communications (written & oral) & Languages (fluent in English) Skill
Business Applications Skill
Application, Data & Technical Architecture Knowledge
UMOJA Business Processes Knowledge
Incident & Problem Management Knowledge
Root Cause Analysis Knowledge
Vendor/service management Knowledge
IT Support Processes & Enabling Tools Skill
Influence and Persuasion Skill