|Location:||Juba, Southsudan, Southsudan|
Our Client, Health Pooled Fund (HPF), is supported by governments of Australia (DFAT) and Canada (DFATD), the British Government’s Department for International Development (DFID), the European Commission (EC) and the Swedish International Development and Cooperation Agency (SIDA)and USAID. It has been operating in South Sudan since 2012 and has recently been awarded a 2 year extension until April 2018. HPF currently operates in eight of South Sudan’s ten states, to include: Eastern Equatoria, Northern Bahr el Ghazal, Western Bahr el Ghazal, Warrap, Unity, Central Equatoria, Western Equatoria and Lakes.
The key objectives of the HPF are:
a) To improve access, use, and quality of Primary Health Care (PHC) services and Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (EmONC) services.
b) To increase accountability and effectiveness by working with community mechanisms for improving health and health education.
c) To support strengthening of key stewardship functions of the MoH including: planning, management, coordination, supervision and monitoring at all levels, in accordance with MoH guidelines and tools.
2. Scope of Services
· The expert will co-locate with government and support the development of government capacity through training and supportive supervision, to ultimately enable the channelling of donor money through public systems
· Develop/ update the necessary national level policies
· Attend relevant meetings and provide input on financial matters
· Provide technical advice to government counterparts on how to improve the development and implementation of budgets
· Contribute to the improvement of the government budgeting, public financial management, and transparency in public procurement; improve revenue performance, and public expenditure control.
· Contribute to the development of project annual work plans and advise on timely corrective actions for effective project delivery
3. Minimum requirement
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as economics, accounting or public finance
· A Minimum of 5 years’ experience advising on donor funded programmes
· Experience developing and delivering training
· Experience to build capacity at central level, including policies
· Knowledge of the South Sudan context or extensive experience working in fragile states
· Experience working with governments and civil society organisations in developing countries
· Able to thrive in a fast paced working environment with shifting priorities
· Excellent interpersonal skills including cross-cultural experience