Our client is a specialist in emerging markets with special needs, operating in over fifteen (15) Sub-Saharan African countries. The company delivers high quality projects and business solutions which span across electromechanical engineering, communications technology, agriculture and public health.
Our client seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Service ManagerPURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To understand customer needs, keep track of industry analytics and to deliver a product strategy that wins in the market ensuring that the product is delivering cost-competitive services that have the features the customers need.
Manage expectations from a customer perspective on product offerings. Serve as the key interface between the customer and staff.
Product line plans and portfolio investment management are the primary outcomes of the product line manager role.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing high quality, up-to-date documentation for all service arrangements.
- Motivating and guiding a team.
- Seeking out, establishing and maintaining relationships with operational contacts within each client.
- Making sure that all account and contract details are up to date.
- Investigating technical issues.
- Accurately recording service times, job costing and invoicing in the Service Department.
- Escalating operational issues to senior management.
- Proactively developing and retaining key customer accounts.
- Maintaining effective control of expenses by regularly examining management accounts and comparisons with budgets.
- Develop new initiatives and cultivate effective relationships
- Carrying out quarterly billing checks and inventory audits.
- Arranging for all outstanding debts to be collected within due time periods set.
- Collecting and analyzing data, then using it to plan and manage both projects and systems.
- Keeping costs down by focusing on the reduction of leakage.
- Taking corrective action where inadequate performance is suspected.
- Assisting in the development of a customer service policy for the company.
- Confirming that contracted payment terms are adhered to.
- Following up on all outstanding issues.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Professional qualifications is an added advantage
- Knowledge in computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, outlook and power point)
- 4 years experienced in the management of a field based team.
- Ability to work closely with and develop relationships with clients.
- Improving and developing the knowledge & skills of others.
- Highly organized with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Knowledge of progress monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to organize clerical work, administration, control systems and financial resources.
- Experience of using modern business methods in a practical way.
- Knowledge in appraising staff and motivation performance
- Able to handle communications and corporate affairs.
- Building effective and efficient teams.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Disciplined, energetic and results orientated.
- Having an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Can create an environment where colleagues and staff can develop and excel.
- High standards of numeracy and literacy.
- Assertive and confident.
- Self-starter, who can multi-task in a demanding environment.