Position Details: Tax Manager
Our client is a Certified Public Accounting firm specializing in tax, audit, accounting, corporate governance and risk advisory services seeking to recruit a suitably qualified Tax Manager.
- As a Tax Manager, you will provide a good mix of compliance and advisory leadership skills to a wide range of client profiles, including a broad range of owner managed businesses, national and international NGOs.
- You will be exposed to international tax, structuring and transactional tax issues including Uganda based, multinational and inbound companies and individuals. You will be expected to work closely with the team and the Partner in the preparation of tax materials for publication in house or for external consumption.
- You will be expected to work with and manage the current tax team of three (3) in a fast growing department. You will assist on the job training in tax, systems and management of the department in liaison with the Partner.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals and evaluating clients’ needs.
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Take lead in department in knowledge of software, processes and workflows
- Take lead in staff training for new hires and on-going employee training.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by management and clients
- Takes direction and reports to the Partners in regards to the tax department.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other major with tax and accounting
- CPA/ACCA qualification
- Minimum of five years’ related experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Good oral and written communication
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Ultra tax and Adobe software but not mandatory
The Company offers a competitive gross salary subject to experience and credentials.
Other benefits include; medical cover, invitation to participate in the firms’ tax discretionary bonus scheme annually, education facilitation at the Chartered Tax Adviser or Advanced Diploma in International Tax or ATT of the UK