Position Details: Sales Representative - Security Services
Our client is a specialist in emerging markets with special needs, operating in over fifteen (15) Sub-Saharan African countries. The company delivers high quality projects and business solutions which span across electromechanical engineering, communications technology, agriculture and public health.
Our client seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Sales Representative - Security.
JOB/PRIMARY PURPOSE AND CONTENT OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the job holder will be responsible for;
- Promote/sell/secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the Company’s products/services.
- To make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- To research the sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- To expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- To coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- To creates and manage a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- To identify advantages and compare products/services in the market.
- To plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- To provide management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- To keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participate in trade shows, business forums and conventions that may be opportune.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
ROLE SPECIFICATIONS/KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- University Degree in Sales/Marketing or any related business field
- Professional qualifications is an added advantage
- Knowledge in computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, outlook and power point)
SPECIFIC SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Sales & Marketing Environment
- Must be knowledgeable in security products
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge in telecommunication sector
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving;
- Ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.