Stromme Microfinance East Africa Limited (SMF EA Ltd) is a wholesale lending company with a mission “To provide, on a sustainable basis, market responsive financial services and capacity building support to financial and business service providers to enhance access to financial services by the enterprising poor in the East African Region”. SMF EA Ltd currently operates in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
SMF EA Ltd seeks to recruit an Investment Officer-Agriculture who will be responsible for the performance of the Institutional Agriculture loan portfolio and assisting in the management and provision of technical advice and capacity building to micro finance and non-microfinance partners in the areas where SMF EA Ltd operates.
The Investment Officer-Agriculture reports to the Operations Manager but works closely with other staff of Stromme Micro Finance East Africa Limited. The Investment Officer-Agriculture also works closely with Staff of Stromme Foundation East Africa Regional Office. Key responsibilities:
- Market and promote agricultural related activities of SMF EA Ltd in the region.
- Identification and appraisal of potential and existing Microfinance Institutions involved in agribusiness value chain financing as per SMF EA Ltd.’s eligibility criteria.
- Identification and appraisal of potential non-Microfinance Institutions involved in agribusiness value chain financing as per SMF EA Ltd.’s eligibility criteria.
- To grow the agriculture value chain portfolio as per set targets and conduct comprehensive reviews for its growth in the region.
- Undertake periodic review of the Company’s Agricultural lending portfolio to ensure its continued relevance to smallholder farmers, prepare recommendations and action plan
- Identify and recommend other technical extended service providers along the value chains for Strategic partnerships.
- Identify capacity building needs and recommend possible assistance for Microfinance and non-Microfinance partners within the available resources.
- Monitoring onsite and offsite the performance of the Microfinance partners involved in Agricultural value chain lending to ensure that they operate according to microfinance sound practices.
- Provide technical reports on the performance of the partners Appraised/monitored to guide management decision making.
- Contribute to ensuring that SMF EA Ltd has a high portfolio quality at all times.
- Assist in providing technical support to Microfinance and non-microfinance partners in areas where they performance gaps have been identified.
- Prepare agriculture related reports as per different stakeholder requests and agreements
- Assist in the implementation and revision of SMF EA Ltd’s policies and procedures together with tools to appraise and monitor the performance and impact of the partners.
- Contribute to the Promotion of Social Performance Management amongst all partners in the region.
- Any other business that may be assigned to him from time to time.
The Investment Officer must possess the following:
- A good University degree in Agribusiness Management/ BSc. Agriculture from a recognized University.
- Postgraduate qualifications in the above fields is an added advantage.
- Should not be more than 35 years.
- Must demonstrate knowledge, skills and experience in managing Agriculture lending operations and capacity building programmes at a senior level in a credible financial institution.
- He/She is expected to be a proactive team player and strong strategic thinker with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in operations management function (specifically in Agriculture related) in a financial institution.
- Training of trainers’ skills, consultancy skills, strong and high level technical skills in operations management supported by excellent understanding of Agriculture lending best practices at both the local and international level is added advantage.
- The Investment Officer- Agriculture should be conversant and ready to use various analytical tools to measure, evaluate and interpret institutional performance at all levels.
The Investment Officer-agriculture should have capacity to work independently in developing and implementing action plans guided by the company’s key Strategic objectives with minimal supervision. He/She must be available and willing to travel extensively within the region, with excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills. Application Procedure:
Applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and a detailed curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating contact details of 3(three) referees should be sent by email to email@example.com
by December 15, 2016. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.