Job Purpose Statement
The Projects Engineer (Electrical) will be responsible for the design, procurement, installation and operationalization of utilities and ancilliary units of our client’s new animal feed production facility. This will include supporting the project team with electrical and utilities requirements in each of the plant units.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Work with Facilities team to design and implement utilities required for medium scale module plant.
• Complete detailed design of utilities building, boiler and electrical schematics for full scale facility.
• Manage procurement, installation, commissioning and operationalizing of utilities.
• Support installation, commissioning and operationalization of other units.
• Work with architect, structural engineer and HVAC engineers to ensure utilities building is sized correctly and meets required specifications.
• Work with the project team, consultants and contractors to enable the design, implementation and operationalization of amenities buildings for site
• Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Experience in electrical design, installation and commissioning of industrial equipment.
• Compilation of electrical design BQ, schematics and engineering drawings for contractor works and tender.
• Experience in troubleshooting electrical faults.
• Experience in design and implementation of manufacturing or process environment, preferably biological processes.
• Experience with PLC is an advantage.
• Can handle abstract problems and generate a range of possible solutions.
• Problem solver who is resilient to setbacks and comes up with contingency plans.
• Flexibility – able to adjust to shifts in scope and timeline.
• Able to identify personal shortcomings and limitations and close those gaps.
• Strong autonomy – can self-direct and manage own deliverables and timelines.
• Frequent field visits to the production facility.