• Provide support to the CR team by working closely with shop attendants to implement the store blue print to drive the point of purchase drivers to exceed the financial targets for assigned sites.
• Directly support the CR team by fulfilling required tactical and operational category management and sales support functions at the store level.
Scope: All assigned sites.
Reports to:Category Manager.
Responsible for executing :
• Basic category assessment and highlighting opportunities at the point of purchase.
• Deployment of point of purchase blue prints together with the shop attendants to meet compliance standards in all assigned sites. (On shelf availability, planograms & share of share)
• Deployment of promotions as per promotion mechanics to shops and shop attendants.
• Deployment of promotional premium for successful implementation of promotions.
• Check price compliance as per pricing strategy and ensure visible price communication at the point of purchase.
• Gather shopper insights at the point of purchase and feedback to category team.
• Influence performance via improvements in supply chain from back office to the shelf, shelving, assortment, promotion, pricing and sales.
• Conduct store audit as per blue print and share learnings with the CR team.
• Analyze store audit scores and provide summary reports on findings and suggest solutions.
• Participate in the monthly learn and improve sessions to identify root causes for non-performance and agree action plans to improve.
• Drive all agreed action plans from the learn and improve session and feedback to category team.
• Administer any shopper surveys and feedback instituted by the CR team and report back.
• Conduct price surveys for specific assortment in specific channels for review.
• Pick competitor price and strategic purposes.
• Present market intelligence reports from the shop floor to the CR team for the appropriate actions.
•Training of shop attendants on basic merchandising and active selling.
• Good understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market, and customer insights ; help develop sites’ understanding.
• Significant level of collaboration and the ability to influence decisions within the shop floor; store attendants, customers/shoppers and suppliers.
• Basic understanding of category management practices and ways of working.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
• 1 - 2 years’ experience in sales and merchandising.
• Interpersonal skill.
• People management.
• High school graduate or Diploma in Sciences/Marketing is desirable.
• Communication and negotiation skills.
• Analytical skills and numeracy.
• Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking.
• Planning and Organizing.
• Deciding and Initiating Action.
• Learning and Researching.
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives.
• Delivering results and Meeting Customer Expectations.