Reporting Line:Financial Controller/General Manager
• Responsible for every aspect of purchasing, receiving, storing and distribution of goods within the hotel.
• Liaise with F&B and kitchen management on all food and beverage requirements.
• Liaise and advice with all Department Heads for individual department requirements and for economical order quantity.
• Search for proper vendors or suppliers for good quality products and services.
• Control and maintain proper level of inventory.
• Prepare reports, costing and statements as required by the Financial Controller.
• To ensure the efficient and cost effective purchasing of all Food, Beverage, General and operating equipment.
• To liaise directly with Director of Food and Beverage/Executive Chef on all food and beverage requirements.
• To prepare purchase specifications for food and beverage in coordination with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage.
• To liaise with all Department Heads for individual department requirements and to advise for economical order quantity and to set Par Stock levels for all the items in coordination with them.
• To obtain and coordinate with Head of Departments for purchase specifications.
• To ensure that proper operating standards are adhered to in the areas of purchasing, receiving, storing and issuing.
• To ensure that every department in the hotel receives goods and services as required and to the standard of the hotel.
• To ensure that all the Company Policies, Procedures and Minimum Standards are adhered to.
• To understand and maintain vendor reference file and quality control systems to ensure all the vendors maintain quality and hygiene standards.
• To conduct the market surveys constantly in order to test new products and to get better quotes.
• To liaise with the Head Store Keeper for the storage and issuing of Dry Goods, Beverage, General and Operating Equipment.
• To implement par stocks and re-order points for all the Main Store Items.
•To represent the Purchasing Department in the Hotel’s Executive Committee.
• To keep the Executive Committee members and Department Heads updated on price variances, costing and supplier information.
• To control all inventory items maintaining minimum working stock levels.
• To manage and process Purchase Requests on receipt, ensuring 3 Quotations are obtained
• To review the most competitive price for each product.
• To liaise with the Accounts Department to ensure price queries are dealt with effectively and accurately to ensure prompt supplier payment.
• To coordinate and undertake month-end stock take of all the Main Stores under Purchasing.
• Department ensuring that all the Hotel’s Policies and Procedures are maintained.
• To ensure that the Departmental Operations Module for the various areas of Purchasing.
• Department are updated.
• Other job was assigned by supervisory.
• To ensure that Hotel expenses are minimized through the use of effective Purchasing and by
• Obtaining the most competitive prices for goods and services.
• To monitor on daily basis, Hotel expenditure for all the purchases.
•To keep the inventories as low as possible and supply the Hotel operation’s needs properly and maximize inventory turnover.
• To ensure that inventoried items are stored properly and issued in rotation to minimize wastage and spoilage.
• To monitor all costs in his department and recommend measures to control them.
• To prepare reports, costing and statements as required by the Financial Controller.
• To implement all operating and control procedures to ensure that movement of goods into and within the Hotel is properly accounted for.
• To maintain all the department records and forms as dictated by the Hotel policies and procedures.
• To ensure that all the data should updated in the computer properly and on time to enable to obtain the information when required.
• To ensure efficient vendor/general filing system to be adhered.
• To keep the management update for all the new products and provide background information on previous purchases, maintain proper supplier records with regards to cost, service and credibility.
Personnel and Training
• To interview and suggest to the Financial Controller and Director of Human Resources for department employee selection.
• To ensure discipline and punctuality of the department.
• To plan and implement effective skills training programs in conjunction with the Training.
•Manager and Departmental Trainer.To maintain a close working team ensuring a high morale is maintained within the department and by taking an active interest in their welfare and safety.
• To hold regular Department Briefings and Discussions on operations.
•To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of Hotel’s Employee Rules and Regulations and adhere to the Hotel’s policies relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• As a part of the Hotel Management Team, attend morning briefings as required.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• To perform as a Duty Manager as scheduled.
• To respond to the changes as dictated by the hotel.
• To communicate effectively with all the Departments of the hotel.
• To maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and all the other departments.
• Co-ordinate with all departments to speed up the process.
• Interact with suppliers to get the best products at competitive prices.
• Performs other tasks in the absence of the Purchasing Manager.
• Minimum education of Bachelor degree in Business Administration or relevant discipline
• Thorough purchasing experience at least 5 years with a minimum of 2 years in managerial level. Exposure in a hospitality business is a must
• Possess ability to deal and negotiate with vendors and suppliers effectively.
• Have good English communication skills both in written and spoken.
• Computer literate
• Possess professional disposition with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.