Position Purpose & Scope
The person in this position is in charge of all Architectural duties and Project Management within the Clients Group.
• Client brief – trouble shoot and give quick detailed free hand sketches from problem resolution.
• Preparation of sketch proposals for clients.
• Undertake responsibility as a registered architect to get a job implemented with all the support staff to carry out production drawings.
• Liaise with clients/ consultants and contractors in successful job implementation.
• Carry out regular site visits/inspections and report accordingly.
• Advice employer on the payment to contractors and get financial appraisals prepared by the project Quantity Surveyor. For purposes of budgetary allocations.
• Check all the legal obligation at different stages are adhered to and met by all concerned parties involved.
• Advice on matters related to the project to protect client interest.
• Any other duties in the main office or in the field as an Architect responsible to perform full architectural services as normally undertaken in practice.
• In charge of project Management from pre contract period to end of the project. Any other relevant services may necessitate on the development site including quality control.
Decision Making Level:
Independent: - In day to day project management.
Referenced: - Where major decisions are required.
Positions Minimum Specifications:
• A minimum of a Degree in Architect.
• 10 years real experience in Architect and Project management.
• A registered Architect.
• Production of AutoCAD drawings
• People skills and emotional intelligence.