Position Details: Bank Teller
Bank tellers are responsible for providing exceptional customer service including efficient and accurate transaction processing
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Accept retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings account withdrawals.
- Cash checks.
- Maintain an adequate cash drawer at all times; this includes buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary.
- Balance cash drawer in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Process credit card cash advances.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, verifying, and distributing cash.
- Answer customer inquiries and refer customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Providing additional products including Cashier’s Checks, Personal Money Orders.
- May be responsible for bank opening and/or closing.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Promotes the bank’s products and services.
- Represent the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Mathematical skills
- Strong communication & organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy
- Competence with computers, telephone, 10-key calculator and other office machinery. .
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree in relevant field i.e. Finance and Economics preferable.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda.