Our client is one of the leading banking institutions in Kigali. They are looking to fill the position above.
Reports to: The CEO
Under the administrative supervision of the CEO, the head of Human Resource Department is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Department.
· Developing HR planning strategies with line managers by considering immediate and long-term staff requirements
· Ensure working conditions are compliant with Rwanda labor law
· Recruiting staff by preparing job descriptions and job adverts; deciding on how best to advertise.
· Short listing applicants for interview using a variety of selection techniques including psychometric testing Interviewing shortlisted candidates
· Advising on pay and other issues, including promotion and benefits; administer payroll and maintain staff records
· Review annual benefits plans with goal of providing cost effective, competitive benefits plans to all employees
· Interpreting and advising on employment legislation; develop and implement policies on a variety of workplace issues e.g. disciplinary procedures, absence management, working conditions, performance management and equal opportunities
· Listening to grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
· Analyzing training needs in conjunction with line managers; planning and delivering training, including staff inductions. Develop and implement the mid-year and year-end performance appraisals process
· Follow-up performance reviews and counsel managers on performance improvement plans implementation
· Introduce a succession & Talent management plan
Qualifications and other requirements
The candidates must: