Position Title: Supply Planning Executive
Reports to: Lubricants Supply Co-ordinator
Skill pool: Lubricants Supply Chain
Job location: Nairobi,Kenya
To provide timely stock planning support to the supply function to ensure efficient business performance as well as manage the day to day supplier relationships. The role requires timely planning and procurement of packaging materials to fulfill sales demand in full.
- Volume: Annual LSC Throughput: 27, 500 MT (Inland Sales & Export)
- Kenya LSC Annual Packaging Budget (US$ 6M)
- Suppliers- +10
The role holder is accountable for:
• Manage effectively the procurement of packaging materials for the LOBP to ensure timely deliveries as per contract obligations.
• Ensure all packaging materials supplied are of approved and acceptable quality standards.
• Maintain appropriate stock holding levels for packs as advised in the monthly production plan to ensure no stock outs.
• Monitor and report on Supplier performance for vendor performance assessment/appraisal as per SVL Standards.
• Ensure prompt processing of supplier invoices, timely supplier payments and closure of any disputes.
• Ensure timely delivery of all importation documents to the Logistics team and manage supplier database information.
• Ensure prompt and accurate processing of raw materials and finished imported purchase orders in JDE by efficiently managing the cost extrapolation file to ensure Accuracy & efficiency.
• Monthly Float depot reconciliation (Base Oils, Additives and Finished Goods). Open order management/control to ensure only valid orders in the system (Aging) and share detailed variance reports.
• Monitor and timely update of the LCR components to ensure item landed cost is accurately updated in JDE during receipt.
• Exciting the customer by ensuring stocks are availed ON TIME IN FULL against challenging sales forecast signals.
• Managing suppliers to deliver quality packaging materials on time consistently and sometimes under short notice.
• Long varying supply lead times for imported products.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• University degree preferably business oriented field.
• Two years working experience.
• Proficiency in MS Excel.
• Strong analytical & quantitative skills.
• Attention to details.
• High integrity and strong character.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Demand Management Skill
• Managing Supply Chain performance Skill
• Manage and Drive and Own performance Knowledge
• Work and lead in Teams Knowledge
• Imports Co-ordination and Administration Knowledge
• Analysis and Problem Solving Knowledge
• Compliance, control & exposure management Knowledge
• Logistics Troubleshoot/Adapt
• Demonstrating ethics and integrity
• Managing effective teams and work groups
• Building and maintaining relationships
• Solving problems and making decisions