Job Title: Technical Sales Representative
Reports To: Sales Manager
The Sales Rep. should be able to achieve maximum Sales, profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services.
Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
· Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
· Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
Details of Function:
· Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products.
· Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature, deliver goods to customer as need be and collect all the overdue accounts.
Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and conducts presentations to existing and prospective customers.
· Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
· Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers
· Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
· Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
· Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
· Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
· Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
· Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related Targets as needed.
· Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
· Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
· Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
· Participates in trade shows and conventions.
· Any other business as delegated by the management.
Must possess minimum two years’ experience in the sales.
Possession of a degree in Marketing or Technical degree and demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
Skills/Qualifications: Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
· Valid driver’s license.