Title: Accounts Payable Officer
Main responsibilities are to perform the account payable daily operation. Verify bills received and record by types of expense. Prepare check payment according to credit term. Prepare monthly reports and financial statements. Prepare and make the daily bank deposit and daily general cashier’s daily report. Prepare computations of the taxes payable.
1. To check and account for all items on all purchase orders, receiving records, invoices, suppliers, ongoing shipment and suppliers’ credit memorandums.
2. To prepare vouchers, including cost distributions for all suppliers’ invoices and credit memos.
3. To provide necessary output requirements, documentation, and authorization for bank transfer data.
4. To prepare cheques for all payments (other than payroll) and forward the cheques, vouchers and all supporting documents to the Director of Finance for approval and signature.
5. To answer queries from suppliers.
6. To balance supplier’s monthly statements with the hotel’s accounts payable records.
7. To prepare and balance the Creditors Control Account with the Creditors Ledger on a daily basis.
8. To maintain adequate and up-to-date files for accounts payable records (invoices and payments).
9. To perform other duties as may be assigned.
10. To raise and record manual cheques for urgent payments.
11. To maintain all Accounts Payable including the general parameters of the system and supplier account maintenance.
12. Prepare and take responsibility on balance confirmation and statement reconciliation with suppliers
13. Monitor pre-payments, advances to suppliers and postdated cheques thereby maintaining proper records for tracking purposes.
14. Any other duties given by supervisor.
15. Reports and analyze accounts payable status in relation to cash flow activity
16. Preparation and documentation of bank transfer data
17. To be courteous and professional when in contact with outside companies/suppliers and to maintain good working relationships with all colleagues throughout the hotel.
18. Communicates effectively with guest, clients, business partners and staff.
19. To be a good sales person to promote hotel’s image and businesses.
20. Participates community projects or activities in order to promoting the hotel’s image and cooperation to improve community relationship.
21. Supplier reconciliations are required to be completed on monthly basis all the invoices are filed properly
22. Assist in monthly General ledger reconciliation on accounting heads, provisions and write off etc.
23. All the balance sheet documentation kept properly which includes statutory etc.
24. Assist in various tasks as required by Hotel Director of Finance and the management
25. Involve in preparation of Financial reports / management reports etc.
1. Reports to the Chief Accountant / DOF.
2. Coordinates with Purchasing, Receiving, Cost Controls, General Cashier and other persons in related areas.
3. Interacts with suppliers, bankers, government officials.
1. Minimum education of Bachelor degree in Accounting.
2. Minimum of 2 years in accounting experience.
3. Knowledgeable in Front Office, F&B cashiering procedures.
4. Have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
5. Have a analytical minded and be proactive.
6. Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal.