Title of Job: Income Auditor
Reporting Line: Assistant Director of Finance
Responsible for ensuring that all revenues are accurately accounted for and correctly classified, and that all guest folios, restaurant checks and related accounting records are properly filed for reference.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel/departmental policies and procedures.
2) Maintain complete knowledge of property management system, point of sales and Spa Soft systems and manual procedures.
3) Use equipment only as intended.
4) Answer telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
5) Be familiar with all hotel services/facilities to respond to guest inquiries accurately. Promote positive guest relations.
6) Be familiar with all hotel packages, promotions, prices and rates to best service guests.
7) Prepare Daily Revenue Report and Ledger by Department Code and ensure that all revenue transactions are taken-up correctly, properly supported and reconciled.
8) Investigate all discrepancies and make necessary adjustments (if any).
9) Ensure that room rates charged are authorized by the management.
10) Verify the accuracy of the printouts from the point of sales system against the individual checks.
11) To ensure that all voided checks, corrections and unsettled checks are approved by the Outlet Manager with detailed reasons provided.
12) Reconcile total outlet sales to total charges. Perform spot checks on guest checks used at the various outlets.
13) Download Daily Trial Balance (TB) from Opera and import it in excel for uploading to Navision system. Check if ledger balances are tallied.
14) Prepare Income journal adjustment entries in approved JV format wherever applicable.
15) Ensure that all banquet revenues are posted correctly according to the Event Order List.
16) Monitor discount procedures and special programs to ensure compliance with guidelines established by the Special Programs Manual. Verify that programs involving coupons, certificates and vouchers are valid and duly accounted for.
17) Ensure that all rebates, paid outs and miscellaneous charges are properly approved and supported.
18) Reconcile operator charges to ensure that all guest and internal calls are charged correctly.
19) Audit and reconcile advance payments.
20) Audit daily collection against the General Cashier’s Daily Report and bank-in slips.
21) Liaise with the Accounts Receivable Officer to confirm the accuracy of the Guest and City Ledger amounts.
22) Report to the Director of Finance on uncredit in PM rooms by daily.
23) Ensure that Opera Reports are distributed daily to the relevance departments and managers.
24) Assist the Assistant Director of Finance with the month-end closing as specified.
1) Assist with other Accounting job functions as assigned.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Specifications: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
1) Collage diploma, Accounting major.
2) Three (3) years Accounting experience.
3) Ability to communicate in English/Thai with guests/visitors/vendors and hotel staff to their understanding.
4) Ability to provide legible communication.
5) Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
6) Experience with computers, calculators or word processors.
1) University degree, Accounting major.
2) Certification of previous training in computers.
3) Fluency in a second language.
1) Ability to input and access information into the property management system and point of sales systems
2) Ability to maintain concentration and think clearly.
3) Ability to focus on details and resolve numerical problems.
4) Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
5) Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent hotel data.
6) Ability to promote positive relations with other people.
7) Ability to provide clear and pleasant telephone communication.
8) Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
9) Ability to remain stationary at assigned post for extended periods of time.
10) Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
1) Prior training in guest relations.