Reports to: Lubricants Marketing Manager Kenya
Skill pool: Marketing
The Lubricants Marketing Implementer will be responsible for delivering lubricants marketing operational excellence through implementing agreed lubricants marketing initiatives, campaigns, programmes, training and tools that will support market penetration, brand health and financial targets.
Key Performance areas for the role:
• Monitor competitive activity, market changes and trends; make recommendations to adjust strategy as required.
• Develop, maintain and implement the Indirect marketing strategy for each target sector, covering pricing (cross- and multi-channel), product portfolio, training (including product & sector knowledge and sales skills), integrated marketing communications plan (including marketing calendar) that is embedded into Distributor business plans.
• Drive local adaptation of global brand and sector materials and programmes (i.e. merchandising and promotions) where relevant to drive growth.
• Monitor and analyze data to understand brand, product and Distributor performance and trends across each sector.
• Complete agreed local initiative reviews and challenge the implementation team to ensure the learnings (what has/has not worked and what should/should not be repeated) are captured clearly.
• Ensure all marketing activities are evaluated in terms of return on investment, and that a Post Investment Review is carried out post activities.
• Provide the relevant insights regarding market trends (customer and competitor) as inputs in the development and review of business/marketing programs and identification of growth opportunities.
• Participate in the development of the lubricants strategy, marketing plans and marketing initiatives in line with the agreed lubricants business strategy.
• Support, coordinate and manage on-ground implementation of agreed marketing initiatives by the distributors.
Dimensions: Kenya Lubricants: 20 million litres
• Provide support for key lubricant marketing projects and initiatives from including design, actual implementation and evaluation of return on marketing investments (pre and post implementation.
• Manage concept testing for new products, new product potential/market penetration evaluation, and preparation of marketing investments business cases, ad-hoc analysis as may be required from time to time.
• Manage the procurement of marketing materials for agreed campaigns/marketing initiatives to ensure best value in liaison with CP/initiative owner and in compliance with CP policies.
• Manage utilization of the lubricants SP&A as per planned marketing activities to ensure spent is within approved budget.
• Improve marketing communication decisions through analysis of the different media options and their effectiveness using appropriate marketing metrics.
• Support and participate in the on-ground implementation of marketing initiatives, agency supervision and performance evaluation on need basis.
• Strike a good balance between focus on the internal and external environments.
• Ensure alignment with multiple stakeholders, sometimes with competing needs and priorities.
• Achieve necessary influence to drive the lubricants agenda across different lines of business.
• Ensuring timeliness in provision of scheduled and ad hoc analysis from multiple and often independent sources.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
• A university degree preferably in business, marketing or related field.
• At least 3 years of experience in a marketing or marketing support role or environment with strong analytical skills.
• Experience in a Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) setting and digital marketing while not essential is an advantage
• Good understanding of Retail and B2C markets.
• Strong value chain; Pricing; Channel management & Route-to-Market (RTM) competencies
• Ability to draw insights from data and communicate them to different audiences with ease.
• Good project management, communication and presentation skills
• Self-motivated and individual with good commercial instinct and customer orientation
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other common computer programs