Facilities and Property Management Manager
Our Client is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi - Kenya and D.C. Metro - U.S. Our Client is primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors, and diaspora investors interested in the high-growth East-African region. Currently Our Client has over Kshs. 73 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate. To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking, and self-driven team player to join the team in the Facilities and Property Management Department. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a strong equity alignment structure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
· Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; collecting security deposit.
· Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
· Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations and contracting with landscaping services.
· Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
· Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
· Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
· Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including maintenance, grounds and custodial workers.
· Organizing security and general administrative services.
· Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises.
· Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
· Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
· Help in Concept development.
· Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of Second upper, or equivalent work experience in Facilities Management and property Management. A post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
· Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience required either in the corporate environment, third party service provider or as a consultant.
· Membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
· Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
· Good analytical and quantitative reasoning.
· Strong organizational and time management skills -ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and can prioritize.
· Strong analytic skills, including ability to independently conduct real estate financial analysis Commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
· Good people management skills are required including the ability to upwardly manage Clients.
· Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated creativity & innovation in business.
· Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure in demanding environment.
· Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, with exceptional skills in Microsoft excel.
· Strong administrative skills.