Position Details: Clearing & Forwarding Officer
Founded in 2001, our client is one of the largest manufacturers of steel building materials ranging from fencing solutions like barbed wire, chainlinks, roofing materials and wire products like nails, rounded bars, welded mesh and BRC. They are looking to fill the position of a Clearing & Forwarding Officer.
The clearing and forwarding officer will act as an agent who acts on behalf of the company to ensure and organize for the safe, efficient and cost-effective import of goods. They will be in charge of the transportation and delivery of goods taking into account the type of goods and the customer’s delivery requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In charge of customs and other forms of Clearing in bound import cargo.
- In charge of customs and other forms of Clearing out bound export cargo.
- In charge of Bonded warehouse registers and Cargo movement and documentation in and out of the bounded warehouse.
- Liaise with Logistic, Tax, clearing and other service providers to ensure smooth movement of Cargo including management of URA Customs Electronic Platform (Asycuda World).
- Liaise with the bond officer to ensure smooth running of the Bonded warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written.
- Highly developed teamwork skills – ability to work with others and embrace team work.
- Proven ability to coordinate the C&F operations.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in International Trade or its equivalent.
- Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding.
- Previous experience with at least 3 years of experience in Logistics, Imports and Exports industry.
- Proficient in use of MS Office (Computer literate).
- Proficient in the use of ASYCUDA.
- Conversant with both imports and export procedures and imports declaration.
- Working knowledge on various types of customs processes.
- Conversant with documentation with International shipping and forwarding and procedures.