Position Details: Senior Accountant
Founded in 2001, our client is one of the largest manufacturers of steel building materials ranging from fencing solutions like barbed wire, chainlink, roofing materials and wire products like nails, rounded bars, welded mesh and BRC.
The core purpose of the senior accountant is to ensure implementing the Company’s Accounting policies & procedures. Responsible for maintaining accurate accounts and reconciliations; responsible for minimizing the vendors over dues as well as clearing old balances. S/he will also participate in department automation projects and handle external audits requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the procedures and policies of EARs and the accounts payable are applied and followed by various departments in the company.
- Assures that the payment documents are approved in accordance with company policies & procedures and schedules of authority limits.
- Ensure that recording all invoices CAPEX and payments on the SEP X3 system on timely basis.
- Ensure to maintain accurate the Fixed Asset Register.
- Review all payments, match the invoices with the Purchase Order, and review the receiving reports to ensure invoices are correct as well as the mentioned department has received the goods / services
- Review and ensure the proper accounting allocation of each invoice.
- Ensure monthly payment of withholding tax to related authorities.
- Participate in the financial monthly, quarterly and year-end closing as required.
- Review and ensure preparation of the valuable monthly backup.
- Budgeting, budget control, monitoring and evaluation
- Costing of products, processes and services
- Tax Planning
- Management accounting and preparation of periodic financial reports to the management board of Directors and shareholders.
- Make annual returns to tax and statutory bodies
- Career development and motivation of the team.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or Head of Finance from time to time
- A good team player
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Focused and Show initiatives Flexible (Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work).
- Analytical Thinking Skills
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree – Bcomm, Finance, Accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience at the accounting department