Position Details: Estates Assistant
Founded in 2001, our client is one of the largest manufacturers of steel building materials ranging from fencing solutions like barbed wire, chainlink, roofing materials and wire products like nails, rounded bars, welded mesh and BRC.
The Estates Assistant will be responsible for the management of the EARs facility by ensuring all the facilities are in good condition and maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all Buildings, Compound, fence, Drainage systems, yard, paved ways and Roads are well maintained
- Develop and maintain a cost effective water supply system.
- Manage Scrap/Garbage collection and disposal.
- Assist in the planning and execution of works
- Supervise and ensure cost effective implementation of both onsite and offsite projects
- Monitor the flow and consumption of inputs, including Man-hours in the department
- Work with management to develop an infrastructure master plan.
- Liaise with architects, contractors, gardeners and other service providers
- Ensure compliance to statutory laws related to land and buildings
- Execute and supervise civil contracts to third parties on behalf of the company.
- Any other duty as will be given to you from time to time
- Communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to deal well with pressure
- Reporting Skills
- Flexible (Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work).
- Analytical Thinking Skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering/Quantity surveying/Building economics
- 2 Years working experience