Job title: Network Assistant
Specification of the Job
AgriProFocus is an international multi-stakeholder network in the agri-food sector consisting of farmer entrepreneurs, private sector enterprises, governments, knowledge institutions and civil society organizations. By bringing these stakeholders together, their individual and collective impact increases. AgriProFocus is active in 13 countries in Africa and South-East Asia and link 22.000 agribusiness professionals worldwide. We are the go-to network for farmer entrepreneurs in agricultural value chains. AgriProFocus makes agribusiness work for development! The AgriProFocus network members collaborate to strengthen the position of farmers and other agri-entrepreneurs in agricultural value chains. Entrepreneurs, small and medium scale, who are market oriented, business driven and willing to learn, innovate and grow.
Following the developments, trends, opportunities and challenges in the agri-sector in Rwanda, combined with the interest of the AgriProFocus network members and partners, AgriProFocus Rwanda is prioritizing the value chains beekeeping, dairy and horticulture in 2017.
The Coordination team is hosted by ICCO Cooperation Rwanda and supported by the Netherlands secretariat. Its responsibility is to create opportunities for multi–stakeholder action and to facilitate connections and business links between professionals and organizations through expert meetings, network events, dissemination forums, market research and publications.
The network assistant will specifically assist the operations of the online platform, the marketing and organization of events and reporting.
The Network assistant will report directly to the Country coordinator but with a strong and close working relationship with Agriprofocus global ( Netherlands) Communication manager based in the Netherlands. The incumbent will work closely with other network assistants.
The Network Assistant will implement the activities of the AgriProFocus Rwanda network that focuses on network development, business brokering and partnership, platform for debate and learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist the operations of the online platform by; inviting members to contribute, publishing articles, updating company profiles, facilitate debate and learning discussions.
· Assist the management of the AgriProFocus social media pages (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter).
· Publish monthly e-Newsletters.
· Assist in the implementation of the marketing strategy of AgriProFocus Rwanda.
· Participate in and contributing to committee meetings and processing the meetings’ minutes.
· Assist the Coordination in organizing networking events.
· Data entry member registration, SMS-services and business linkages.
· Assist the Coordination in Monitoring and Evaluation reporting.
Key result areas
· Representation and networking
· Monitoring and evaluation
· Data entry and analysis
Key Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum of 3 years working experience in the fields of agri business networking organization, familiar with business linking, learning and leadership, familiar with Rwanda Agricultural sector trends.
· Having strong network with agribusiness companies and NGOs
· Ability to work independently
· Good command of English language
· 40 hours a week
· Travel to program areas as and when required