Position Title: Stocks Accountant
Reports to: Corporate Stocks Controller
The incumbent has the integral role of ensuring that the company’s stocks are correctly valued, pricing for customers is updated & correctly maintained, maintaining GL/ECS integrity and ensuring that company books reflect the correct position at any one time, by ensuring that the books to physical reconciliations are done on a regular basis.
1. Tracking the sales order life cycle and ensure that orders update to AR and GL. Investigating correcting and highlighting discrepancies as necessary including late/overdue delivery confirmations.
2. Ensuring that product purchases are correctly recorded in the general ledger recorded and on time
3. Reviewing and reconciling stock in transit accounts and ensuring that these are cleared as and when transactions are completed.
4. Reviewing and reconciling all landed costs accrued against actual payments and ensuring these are cleared as and when transactions are completed.
5. Reviewing monthly stock gains/losses and ensuring that these are within tolerances and are approved as per MOA
6. Ensure that stock accounts reconcile within ECS and between ECS and the General ledger. Investigate integrity reports and ensure that differences are cleared.
7. Preparing the month end stock valuations, validating the Cost of sales and margin analysis.
8. Timely update of system costs and advising business of expected costs.
9. Coordinating the quarterly and annual physical stock takes for all depots.
10. Acting as JDE stocks focal point.
11. Providing advice and assistance to depot stocks staff as necessary
The incumbent has to maintain the integrity of the volumes and values in JDE stock module with their equivalents in the general ledger. This means that a huge number of inter-related transactions have to be processed accurately and in the correct order against very tight closing deadlines
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
• Strong analytical skills.
• Financial background and/or experience in financial analysis
• Finance, OU and OP experience
• Good systems skills and knowledge of ERP (preferably JDE) processing systems.
• Good communications, influencing and networking skills.
• Knowledge of JDE ECS module and its integration with other subsystems.
• Ability to self-start
• Functional Finance Leadership Skill
• Stocks Valuation & Reconciliation Knowledge
• Analysis and problem solving Skill
• Presentation Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• MI and business decision support knowledge
• Customer focus skill
• Deliver Results skill