Position Details: Environment Compliance Engineer
- Developing and maintaining an environment Compliance register that is relevant to the Company’s activities, participating in the updating of the Environment Management System.
- Implementation of the Environment Compliance schedule and supporting of tools for compliance implementation in Company activities.
- Participating in audits to ensure compliance. Ensure visibility of ongoing environment compliance activities.
- Collect and manipulate data for reporting. Contribute to relationship building between the Company and regulatory agencies such as National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) etc.
- Contribute to internal awareness on Compliance
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing Environmental Compliance in an operational environment, preferably Oil& gas
- In-depth understanding of Uganda’s environment legislation
- Knowledge of ISO14001 preferably with system auditing and implementation.
- Clear understanding of International best practices and standards such as IFC,IPIECA,
- Excellent negotiation, conflict management and organizational skills
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Proficient in Ms Office
Deadline Friday 23rd June 2017