Position Details: EBFO
- The job holder will be responsible for the implementation of the Environmental Compliance schedule and the Biodiversity strategy and Action plan.
- Participate in local awareness and education activities about Environment & Biodiversity.
- Prepare environment & biodiversity materials for stakeholder consultation meetings.
- Enforce measures to minimize/ prevent risks and negative impact to the environment and the wildlife.
- Participate in Environment & Biodiversity audits and inspections as required.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of the Company’s work program based on ISO 14001.
- Participate in responding to correspondences regarding Environmental protection and performance.
- Ensure compliance the relevant statutory requirements and the Company’s Health Safety & Environment (HSE) Standards.
- Ensure Contractors comply to their contractual obligations and the regulatory approved certificates.
- Follow up and ensure Environment & Biodiversity related grievances are resolved quickly and transparently
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Management, Botany, Zoology or equivalent
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in managing Environment compliance /Biodiversity projects in an operational environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Uganda’s environmental legislation and IFC performance standards
- Good understanding of ISO14001
- Excellent communication ,negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Fluency in English, knowledge of the local languages (Lugungu, Lunyoro, Alur, Acholi) is an added advantage
Deadline is Friday 23rd June 2017