Position Details: Social Studies Engineer
- Ensuring timely preparation of all inputs and outputs such as documentation required as part of the development studies of the upstream, propose/influence the projects to mitigate and manage the land and societal impacts of the project.
- Make sure scopes of work are developed in line with relevant requirements to deliver social studies (including RAP) and methodologies in compliance with project schedule and technical needs, regulatory requirements and international standards.
- Review the documentation developed by external contractors (baseline surveys, impact assessments, management plans). Coordinate within Upstream to ensure harmonized approach and consistent implementation of societal and land access strategies & specifications in all of the projects Environmental Social health Impact Assessment (ESIA)’s and Resettlement Action Plans (RAP).
- Contribute to the preparation of comprehensive ESIAs in compliance with regulatory requirements and international standards.
- Ensure that all societal recommendations (eg. mitigation measures) are implemented in the Project Design Basis and/or integrated to the Project Statement of Requirements.
- Ensure a strong integration with the Project Development Team, Legal Affairs, Environmental and Local Content Specialists for all common matters (ecosystem services, Valued ecosystem components, regulatory compliance, industrial relations, etc.).
- Ensure compliance to national regulations and international best practices, Total corporate standards as well as any specific project requirements (eg. compliance to the IFC performance standards).
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environment & Social Sciences, Environment & Energy Engineering, Sustainable Development or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in undertaking impact assessment studies, working in Development Projects oil and gas industry experience an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the international standards and associated H3SE requirements, relevant E&S ISO knowledge and added advantage
- Ability to maintain good relations with a wide range of local stakeholders, NGOs, donors, local authorities, local communities.
- Good report writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills especially Persuasive Oral Communication
Deadline is Friday 23rd June 2017