Position Details: Community Tourism and Liaison Offier (CTLO)
- The job holder is responsible for sensitization of local communities and stakeholders in the Company’s area of operation by ensuring that they are aware of the Company’s policies, operational activities and sustainable development programs .
- In addition, advise the communities on the Company’s views on the issues that may arise during operations.
- Receive and resolve grievances transparently with the assistance of the Community Tourism Supervisor.
- Handle land access and compensation related activities in the Community resulting form either the Exploration & Appraisal stages or the upcoming development phase.
- Act as a communication channel through the Community Tourism Supervisor between the Community and the Company’s offices in Kampala.
- Participate at any field visits approved by the Ministry of Energy or organized by any of the Joint Venture partners.
- Maintain regular contact with key formal and informal stake holders in the local communities.
- Supervise the local contractor’s recruitment process and represent the Company at cultural events as required.
- Assist the environmental, social and other consultants in the consultation process with communities
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Social Science, Anthropology , Human Resources or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience working in rural communities in Uganda preferably in the Albertan area
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of stakeholders including local communities, Non Governmental Organizations etc.
- Negotiation and Conflict Management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), and local languages (Rugungu, Runyoro, Alur) an added advantage
Deadline 23rd June 2017