Position Details: Senior Business Manager/ Business Development Manager
Our Client specializes in Business Process Outsourcing
The Senior Business Manager is responsible for the improvement of the client’s regional market position to achieve financial growth. They define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
They are responsible for creating, coordinating and implementing sales and marketing strategies to grow the business profitably. They work in a senior sales position within the company working with the internal teams, marketing staff, and other managers to increase Business-to-Business sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization.
They also oversee the overall performance, management and retention of clients in their region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes market (penetration, demographics, trends, economy, opportunities, etc.) and current clients strategies (penetration, share of total business, opportunities, etc.) in order to create and implement effective sales strategies that result in profitability growth inline with the company strategy objectives.
- Develops and executes on territory marketing and management plan Supervising and support the country Business manager in implementing the business development strategy, client retention strategy, managing business risk, compliance, improving customer relationships in a bid to meet and exceed annual revenue targets.
- Implement the business Growth model components and related initiatives per country as agreed and signed off by the Director in-charge of Operations.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team. Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales or customer management system. Tracks and records activity on accounts and helps to close deals to meet these targets.
- Tracks and submits periodic progress reports on the overall business risk assessment, progress and impact of the business growth initiatives implementation, country business environment and trends, business performance against competition in the market, compliance and sales targets.
- Identify potential clients and decision makers within an organization then independently calls and prospect on these mid to senior-level executives and other representatives to generate a robust sales pipeline of opportunities or set up meetings between those decision makers and the CEO or Director.
- Grow, leverage and maintain you networks for potential clients and arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Presents and provides individual client consultations in context with overall intervention strategy as needed. Diagnoses and assesses client needs. Prescribes, designs and implements strategic interventions using the full range of the business products and / or services. Write and oversees effective business proposals.
- Coaches and mentors your team on business development, working with them to develop proposals that speaks to the customer’s needs, concerns, and objectives. Support your teams’ customer retention strategies and service delivery improvement initiatives. Holds yourself and the team accountable for the delivery on goals, expectations and objectives.
- Work with operations to ensure that RFQ’s and Tenders are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Support projects initiated in the office of the CEO up to the execution stage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred. 5 – 10 years of proven management experience.
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft application and great report writing skills.
- Results oriented with proven and strong track record in business development, great communication and negotiation skills within the corporate environment preferably in a professional services.
- Attention to detail whilst being able to deliver to deadline with a proven track record of building and developing significant account revenue.
- Experience in consultative sales to mid to large sized organizations with ability to network and