Responsible for the overall supervision of Accounting and
Administrative functions of the country office.
- Monthly, and as per time table
ensuring accurate and timeous preparation of Management accounts in the
prescribed format by strictly adhering to deadlines.
- Monthly update of cash flow
statement and forecast
- Monthly review of
reconciliations; ensuring content of reconciliations is accurate and
ensuring no unexplained balances are kept.
- Ensure receipt of accurate and
timely reports such as operating statements and Trial Balance.
- Preparation of annual budgets
within stipulated deadlines.
- Preparation of revised budgets
on a quarterly basis.
- Preparation of annual financial
- Ensuring that ALL statutory
returns, filing and payments are adhered to as per statutory guidelines.
- Weekly review of treasury
reports and ensuring proper funding in all bank accounts.
- Manage supplier
payments as required beyond field threshold. And ensuring due
diligence and efficiency is applied in managing company funds.
- Internal Audit function by
monitoring application of policy and procedures, other control systems are
in place within the organisation and putting in place corrective action
- Coordinating internal and
- Arranging and monthly variance
meetings and ensuring tight cost control in in place.
- Quarterly preparation of Board
- Assisting in contracts
- Expected to maintain the highest
level of confidentiality and integrity, and conduct themselves in a manner
that is beyond reproach at all times.
- Any other duties as may be
assigned to by superiors from time to time.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A post-graduate professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CFA
- Degree in
Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- A minimum of 5
years’ relevant experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience in
Agriculture sector at a senior management level would be an added
- Skills in leading people and
management of teams.
- Strong and proven ability to
work independently to deliver results.
commitment to professional ethics and integrity.
- Fluency in
oral and written English is a must.
Deadline: August 1st 2017