Position / Designation : Gas Chromatography Operator
Grade : VI
Department : Quality Control
Reporting Line Manager : Shift Chemist
Location : Eldoret, Kenya
Educational Qualification : Min Diploma in Analytical Chemistry/Science Lab Technology.
Work Experience : Over 3 Years in similar environment.
· Strong chemical analysis background.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work under minimal/no supervisions.
· Ensure samples are tested on the GC machine timely and reports submitted promptly.
· Ensuring standard procedures are dully followed in sample testing and certifying using GC machine.
· Timely testing and reporting of samples collected from process plant as stipulated in process document.
· Report to the shift chemist regarding quality of product and control/intermediate tests during production.
· Maintain Gas Chromatography machine in good working condition and in clean state
· Ensure GC machines is dully serviced, calibrated and stamped by relevant authorities
· Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
· The duties can be changed or added at the discretion of the management.
· Keep good reporting channel, and avoid over communication.
Key Performance Areas:
· 100% optimum working condition of G/C machine at all times.
· Accuracy of tested samples should not have an error margin of greater than 0.05%.
· G/C gases and auxiliary services availability at all times.
· Zero accidents and incidents, downtime or GAPS In the G/C room.