Position/Designation : Human Resources Officer
Department : TBA
Location : Eldoret
Reports To : Human Resources Manager
Job Purpose : Management of Human Resources Policies,
Rules, Guidelines, Procedures, Regulations and Standards.
Internal Interactions : To coordinate with all department
External Interactions : To coordinate with Internal & External Customers
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop and implement policies on issues such as working conditions,
· Performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and
· Absence management.
· Implement innovative strategies for timely acquisition of talent to support service delivery
· Hiring staff – advertising and interviewing.
· In collaboration with the Managers ensure new employees are properly inducted for smooth on boarding into the organization.
· Deploy performance management and follow through on performance outcomes.
· Develop, implement and update human resource policies, procedures and programs.
· Manage the monthly payroll and ensure accurate and timely processing of the same.
· Keeping employee records.
· Providing staff training and development.
· Working with other managers to plan future staff needs.
· Dealing with complaints and discipline procedures.
· Promoting equality, Employee relations, safety, welfare, wellness and health.
· Arranging staff services such as welfare and counseling.
· Manage benefits and compensation including medical, insurance and pension.
· Work with the Senior Management Team to implement innovative retention strategies.
· Monitor and ensure statutory compliance of all applicable Labour Laws and other
· Supervise team to ensure that the leave administration is compliant with policy and
Proper management of HR data including staff files.
· Generate accurate and timely HR reports in the required format.
· Manage deployment of the HR Information system and drive uptake of the same.
· Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
· Maintain employees’ time and attendance biometric system.
· Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination;
· Perform any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
• Degree in Human Resources/Business Related from a recognized University and above.
• Professional Qualification in Human Resources e.g. Higher National Diploma.
• Over 3 years’ experience in a similar role in main stream HR.
• Membership with the HR Professional Body in Kenya (IHRM).
• Proficiency in Human Resource Management Information Systems.
• Excellent Problem Solving Skills.