Position / Designation : Mechanical Technician
Grade : VI
Department : Engineering
Reporting Line Manager : Mechanical Supervisor
Location : Eldoret, Kenya
Educational Qualification : General fitting/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Work Experience : Over 5 years’ experience with Mechanical Production built of Complex equipment.
· Able to read, understand and interpret mechanical drawings.
· Experience of mechanical fault-finding down to component level.
· Have good understanding of precision mechanisms.
· Able to plan PPM for the machinery built in the workshop
· Ability to quote timescales regarding repair of machinery.
· Proven experience of working as a mechanical fitter in a technical environment within a high-tech engineering / manufacturing environment.
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
· Team player with excellent communication skills.
· Build a wide variety of mechanical equipment and execute mechanical work within specified time and standards to minimize and eliminate downtime.
· Ensure SOPs are dully followed and adhered to.
· Undertake a variety of mechanical fitting duties, maintain production machineries, fit / assembly of mechanical components making use of appropriate machinery /hand tools and built medium to large complex assemblies / equipment.
· Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment including; diesel engines, transmissions, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, conveyor systems, air compressors, electro-mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, mobile/overhead cranes, wellhead attachments and pressure equipment, gearboxes, generators
· Responsible for ensuring the duties of their position are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
· Performs preventive/predictive maintenance procedures e.g. daily checklists.
· Installs and/or replaces new or reconditioned repair parts.
· Tests equipment for proper operation.
· Shift work and 24 hour call may be required.
· Performs regulatory tank testing where required.
· Performs and ensure assigned duties are completed within set time frames.
· Performs basic cutting and welding procedures.
· Requires basic working knowledge of equipment operation and associated operating systems.
· Ability to use diagnostic equipment (i.e. Vibration analyzers, Alignments tools)
· The duties can be changed or added at the discretion of the management.
· Keep good reporting channel, and avoid over communication.
· Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
Key Performance Areas:
· Ensure deadlines are met as per the work orders without any lapse.
· Ensure 30 minutes MTTR (Mean Time To Repair) or time to attend breakdown.
· Zero accidents in section/department.
· 98% plant availability mechanically.
· 100% follow-up of work orders and job cards.
· Zero wastage of material (Welding rods, plates, beams, bolts and nuts, greases, oils etc.)