Position / Designation : Production Supervisor
Grade : V
Department : Production
Reporting Line Manager : Production Manager
Location : Eldoret, Kenya
Educational Qualification : Diploma/Degree in Biochemistry / Process Engineering /
Analytical Chemistry or equivalent.
Work Experience : Over 5 years of experience in Chemical Manufacturing environment as supervisor /Management role.
· Planning and organization skills to be able run and monitor the production process in detail to ensure high level of productivity;
· Ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems;
· Capacity to grasp concepts easily;
· Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with team;
· Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines;
· Ability to supervise, coach and work in a logical / systematic manner.
· Computer literate, with a good knowledge of MS office applications
· Ability to lead and motivate a small team creating an inspired and ambitious environment.
· Plan, co-ordination and control all phases of production to achieve monthly production schedules.
· Take prompt action to rectify and prevent any occurrence, which could affect health, safety, the environment, security or production.
· Oversee the process of furfural production activities by allocating / supervising staff , organizing / monitoring work flow and liaise with line management in forecasting monthly production targets and agree monthly production schedules;
· Work closely with the shift in charge and purchasing manager to ensure the production schedule and work flow is efficient and effective in utilizing both material and human resources;
· Monitor product quality-control standards, equipment and tools are run within the bench marked perimeters and in accordance with the company polices at all times;
· Encourage, motivate and train all production staff to achieve maximum performance efficiency within health and safety guidelines;
· Liaise with engineering and technical departments on all aspects of operations to maximize production and minimize down time;
· Maintain and streamline comprehensive operating processes across all activities in the department;
· To monitor and record production build times accurately and ensure all records taken are accurate and in line with company policy;
· Maintain and promote good quality workmanship throughout the production department;
· Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
· Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
· Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
· Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
· Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
· Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
· Ensure that the flow of production activities should be continuous and devoid of any errors;
· To keep an eye over the available resources, set processing variables and maintain quality of products being produced by adhering to the set standards of production;
· Arranging for quick repair for when of machinery or equipment damage during the manufacturing process and servicing of the problematic machines;
· Ensure quality of raw materials is good and continuous so that the output is, as per the industry standards;
· Maintaining Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members;
· Monitors quality of incoming raw materials and finished products by reviewing lab data;
· Daily monitor of previous shift production record and keeping of current production record;
· Ensure plant supplies are adequate and requested from stores promptly
· Ensure safety of the plant and workers in chemical process plant
· Deliver daily written report to shift in charge at the end of shift.
· Ensure machines in process plant are in proper working condition.
· Ensure all engineering work being done in the process plant has dully signed work orders, necessary permits and that all jobs completed are dully signed off.
· Coordinate with quality control section and ensure continuous quality of product is maintained.
· Arrange for hourly sampling and ensure samples are correctly collected at right sample points
· Schedules and or performs calibrations for plant measuring instruments;
· Administration duties including time and attendance system, holiday planning, travel planning etc.
Key Performance Areas:
· 90% production target on production of furfural.
· 100% process machines and equipment workability.
· Zero accidents within department/section.
· 100% hazard free process Plant(Eliminate all possible hazards and hazardous acts)
· 70% plant utilities stocks to be maintained.
· Develop/modify SOPs as needed.