Position / Designation : SCADA operator
Grade : VI
Department : Production
Reporting Line Manager : Process supervisor
Location : Eldoret, Kenya
Educational Qualification : Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
Work Experience : Minimum 5 years’ experience with Rockwell, Allen Bradley SLC and Control Logix PLCs, Siemens S7 PLCs and Siemens WinCC flexible HMIs and understanding of PC-based SCADA software.
· Operating background in control systems-related hardware and software design in similar process control industries.
· Monitor and operate the SCADA system to ensure product quality is maintained.
· Follow standard operating procedures during startup and shutdown of Furfural process plant.
· Monitor the SCADA system and ensure any plant unbalances that occur during production are promptly corrected.
· Filing of SCADA historian printouts.
· Communicate to process field operators on necessary operational correctives to stabilize the process.
· Identify and eliminate safety hazards in the process plant.
· Ensure cleanliness of the working area.
· Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
· Duties can be changed or added at the discretion of management.
· Keep good reporting channel, and avoid over communication.
Key Performance Areas:
· Zero undetected process deviation.
· Daily Up-to-date SCADA records.
· Zero accidents in section/department.