Position Details: PHP Developer
NFT Consult is a global company specializing in Business Process Outsourcing. Our expertise is in three areas: Managed Services, HR Process Outsourcing, Learning and Talent Development.
We fulfill our Vision by hiring Achievers underpinned by our values.
Immediate need for a highly focused PHP Developer with broad experience. This is 3 + Months contract opportunity with long-term potential located in Kampala.
Reporting to: Software Development Manager.
- Requires development skill involve creating and maintaining custom object-oriented code that communicates to various database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL, and Postgres
- Design, create, and maintain object-oriented class objects and procedural code.
Integrate 3rd party solutions where applicable to speed time to market.
- Research various browser and OS-level technologies and methodologies such as HTML5 and JQuery.
- LAMP stack experience a plus.
- Possess a deep understanding of database SQL and how to optimize queries for performance and accuracy.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency of SQL-related technologies including
- Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Views, and Batch processing.
- Must have a deep understanding on how to configure and optimize various operating system-level services or daemons required for hosting or running developed applications.
- Work with customers and employees to understand application technologies and limitations.
- This includes supporting the business that may include non-technical personnel.
- Communicate daily work and manage personal resources using industry standard communication and tracking tools.
- Manage code using standard versioning software such as SVN, GIT, or MS Team Foundation.
- Manage development time and progress for each SPRINT using internal SCRUM tools.
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
This consultant position provides value by solving business problems through the creation, modification, and maintenance of applications for a variety of programming languages and platforms.
- Experience with JIRA, ServiceNow, and SharePoint for managing time and tasks a plus.
- This role is marked by excellent technical and business collaboration skills, as well as burgeoning coaching and teaching skills.
- The person in this role must be familiar with multiple programming languages and be an expert in an at least one of those languages with more than 8 years of experience.