|Location:||Juba, South Sudan|
Our client in the oil and gas technology industry seeks to hire a suitably qualified and competent Chemical Engineer to fill the vacancy of Petrochemical Laboratory Chemist / Technician(s) to work in the oil fields of upper Nile. You will be responsible for analysis and reporting of various products such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG & LNG gases, etc.
• Responsible for all Laboratory analysis (hands-on working on the Bench).
• Understand and keep current with all Laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
• Complete all Laboratory reports, as applicable.
• Understand and keep current with all Laboratory analysis methods.
• Responsible for the operation of Gas Chromatograph and other Laboratory equipment.
• Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of Laboratory equipment.
• Attend QA Safety and Staff meetings
• Responsible for understanding and following the Laboratory Quality Assurance System and Data Handling Guidelines
• Work within the CPTDC QP&G Program
• Work within the CPTDC Data Integrity Assurance Framework
• Report QA status to laboratory management
• Reports to QAL Supervisor
• Communicates with Laboratory Coordinator, TMT Coordinator, and QAC
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry (or a related science) or equivalent work experience
• Must have a minimum of one (1) year of direct experience working in a laboratory (wet chemistry, sample preparation, analytical chemist). Candidates with prior experience in the petrochemical, gas and chemical industry will have preference over other candidates.
• Knowledgably in ASTM, AMS, AASHTO, TM-SOP, etc. standards.
• Must be able to work with all chemical, petrochemical and petroleum products.
• Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
• While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and test or smell; frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms; required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, while directing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
• Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Maintain current knowledge by attending seminars, lectures, meetings and professional conferences.
• Ability to gather and review resources and select and synthesize data for reports and other written materials.
• High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details