Our client is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services.
The MS-SQL Database administrator will work on the design, planning, implementation, and optimization of enterprise MS-SQL databases across the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the definition of database architecture and design specifications.
• Work with IT vendors to install, configure, maintain, and upgrade enterprise database systems and related applications.
• Provide support in functionality and acceptance testing during the implementation of enterprise database systems.
• Ensure optimal performance of the organization’s databases;
Regularly monitor and reconcile the performance of the databases to pre-defined performance thresholds and take appropriate actions where required
Implement established policies and procedures on database management
• Maintain database security and data integrity through the use of access codes and efficient password system.
• Perform regular data backup, and validate integrity of data backup.
• Perform database automation and script writing.
• Investigate and resolve incidents/ requests relating to enterprise databases, and escalate irresolvable faults/ issues to relevant vendors/ suppliers where appropriate.
• Provide support in operating systems trouble shooting.
• Ensure availability of accurate documentation of standards, guidelines and procedures for effectively managing and maintaining the databases.
• Liaise with relevant unit/team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
• Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• At least a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any other related discipline.
• Microsoft SQL Server database certification
• At least 3 - 7 years’ experience in database administration
• Experience and knowledge in telecom industry would be of an advantage.
• Ugandan Citizens are encouraged to apply
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent multi-tasking skills with ability to learn quickly
• High degree of confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive information
• Effective leadership skills with ability to work under pressure
• Excellent team work skills
• Any other Microsoft Certification is an added advantage