Position Details: Field Based Account Manager
Job Title: Field Based Account Manager
Reports to: Sales Manager
Deliver the expected Volume, profitability, and Debt results in the assigned portfolio, maintain and develop strong customer relationships, whilst at same time adopting defend and growth strategies.
Sales / Customer
- Manage customer portfolio to achieve business KPI’s: Volume, Margin, Debt, and Customer Service.
- Maintain sales portfolio, monitor growth and performance. Use available sales tools to drive business growth with quality and accurate account plans for all key customers.
- Proactively identify and maximise emerging opportunities in the market and recruit new customers to grow business size.
- Build rapport & maintain good customer relationship with all customers
- Market monitoring and Intelligence – Maintain database of the market size, competitors and market shares. Provide regular market intelligence such as pricing, new customers, competitor activities etc.
- Comply with standard offer book as per the customer promise initiatives.
- Defend business from competition by renewing all major customer contracts.
- Manage Credit in-line with the company credit policy and manual of authorities. Collect Debt in line with agreed trading terms and complete customer Credit appraisals as they fall due.
- Ensure all invoices and statements are delivered timely to customers. Highlight and resolve invoice disputes with customers.
- Implement company policies and procedures, and ensure relevant controls are in place.
- Carry out regular equipment audits at customer sites and advise / take timely remedial action. Liaise with Engineering where necessary on equipment installations, maintenance and other technical requirements.
- Brand Promotion: Grow market share in assigned Sales territory. Assist in planning and implementing any customer events in the area.
- Promote the use of alternative payments methods (Pre-payments) for small volume customers and Resellers.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for effective S&OP process.
- Work with distribution to ensure smooth product delivery to customers.
HSSE / Technical
- Train customers and other stakeholders on product knowledge and HSSE.
- Address / Resolve any technical needs that customers may have.
- · Deliver assigned HSSE plan items, including: site audits, toolbox and other HSSE meeting participation, PI identification and reporting, TnT engagement, Defensive Driving Compliance, Fitness to Drive, oil and gas safety rules / driving standards etc.
- Competition: especially from new and rapidly expanding/increasing non-traditional companies. Rampant dumping of product into assets (tanks) owned by other companies.
- Customer demands: successfully positioning the value of premium priced products in the face of customer demands for higher discounts, driven by cost reduction needs in CRT sector
- Credit Management: trading within terms in face of cash flow management needs of customers.
- Continuously strive to exceed customer’s expectations in delivery of service while optimising use of company resources.
- Working and delivering results with minimal supervision, as the role is field based.
• University Graduate in business or engineering related fields.
• Demonstrated ability to work and deliver results independently with minimal supervision is critical.
• Sales experience with proven success in customer account/relationship management, sales, negotiation, debt management and business analysis.
• Business/Financial and commercial acumen, including debt management.
• Results driven, good team player, with ability to provide solutions that are creative and innovative.
• Proven track record in implementing Marketing initiatives.
• Management of key accounts.
• Market/Competitive Analysis.