Title of Job: Accounts Payable Officer- Kenyan Indian
Reporting Line: Chief Accountant.
• To check and account for all items on all purchase orders, receiving records, invoices, suppliers, ongoing shipment and suppliers’ credit memorandums.
• To prepare vouchers, including cost distributions for all suppliers’ invoices and credit memos.
• To provide necessary output requirements, documentation, and authorization for bank transfer data.
• To prepare cheques for all payments (other than payroll) and forward the cheques, vouchers and all supporting documents to the Director of Finance for approval and signature.
• To answer queries from suppliers.
• To balance supplier’s monthly statements with the hotel’s accounts payable records.
• To prepare and balance the Creditors Control Account with the Creditors Ledger on a daily basis.
• To maintain adequate and up-to-date files for accounts payable records (invoices and payments).
• To perform other duties as may be assigned.
• To raise and record manual cheques for urgent payments.
• To maintain all Accounts Payable including the general parameters of the system and supplier account maintenance.
• Prepare and take responsibility on balance confirmation and statement reconciliation with suppliers
• Monitor pre-payments, advances to suppliers and postdated cheques thereby maintaining proper records for tracking purposes.
• Any other duties given by supervisor.
• Reports and analyze accounts payable status in relation to cash flow activity
• Preparation and documentation of bank transfer data
• To be courteous and professional when in contact with outside companies/suppliers and to maintain good working relationships with all colleagues throughout the hotel.
• Communicates effectively with guest, clients, business partners and staff.
• To be a good sales person to promote hotel’s image and businesses.
• Participates community projects or activities in order to promoting the hotel’s image and cooperation to improve community relationship.
• Supplier reconciliations are required to be completed on monthly basis all the invoices are filed properly
• Assist in monthly General ledger reconciliation on accounting heads, provisions and write off etc
• All the balance sheet documentation kept properly which includes statutory etc.
• Assist in various tasks as required by Hotel Director of Finance and the management
• Involve in preparation of financial reports / management reports etc.
• Minimum education of Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
• Minimum of 2 years in accounting experience.
• Knowledgeable in Front Office, F&B cashiering procedures.
• Have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
• Have a analytical minded and be proactive.
• Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.